Thursday, November 12, 2009

Preparing for Regionals!

Well, Regionals are just a couple days away. I'm really excited, and a little bit nervous for what's to come.

I feel like I haven't had a GREAT race yet this entire season, but this week I have felt an energy, a rejuvenation of sorts, unlike what I've felt for much of the season, so I am confident Saturday will be one of 2 great races in the next 2 weeks. I'm ready to do what I need to to get back to the National level.

As a team, we'll be looking to improve upon last year's 19th place finish. I really think we should be able to easily be top 15, and that is our goal. All five of our runners - me, Mandy, Brianna, Kim, and Kali - have a realistic shot at being on the All-Region team - that's top 35. It's also a flat course at Winneconne Golf Course in Oshkosh, so PR's are definitely a possibility, almost a guarantee. Kim wants to go under 24:00 in the last race of her career, and this course gives her a great chance to do so. I'm excited to see what we can do! It's been a very solid season so far and we really want to close it out on a good note!

For 5 out of our 7 guys running at the Regional meet, this will most likely be their last cross country race EVER. It's a bit scary to imagine life without them next year, but I guess that can't be our focus right now. Just hope that they, too, can end their XC careers with PR's and that can put an exclamation point on what they have all accomplished as Green Knight athletes.

I think that's all for now. It's time to go finish up some homework. I've got to continue to work hard to improve in the classroom!

Glad to be back writing! :)

Here's an appropriate quote for this weekend's big Regional race:
"Life's battle doesn't always go
to the stronger or faster man (or woman),
but sooner or later,the man (or woman) who wins,
is the man (woman) who thinks he/she can."

Till next time,
~*Jenny*~

No comments:

Post a Comment